Fix Your PS3 with our YLOD Repair Service
Located in Chicago, IL
Repair The Playstation 3 Yellow Light of Death - $50.00
What is the YLOD & How do I know I have It?
- You will get , three beeps, a flashing yellow light, and then a flashing red light before going back to the idle red light. This is much like the red ring of death in 360's
How is this Caused & How will you fix the YLOD?
- This problem is caused by the CPU & GPU getting to hot, thus the soder around the two chips has cracked. So I go into the console, pretty much remove everything, then use some thermal compound and reflow the board. This sets the two chips back into place and the thermal compound is a coolant for the chips. This is one of the best methods to properly repair ylod.
- We Use the very best thermal compound - Arctic Silver 5 is the best thermal compound on the market. There are other types that might be better for specific purposes, but for cooling a CPU, this is the best.
How do you know this will work & What is the Cost?
- It generally will take me an hour to fix, but I can not guarantee a permanent fix with the Yellow Light of Death.
- If anyone else would tell you other wise they would be lying to you.
- The Cost is $50.00 - That includes a 30 day warranty on all consoles with the factory seal still intact.
How to Care for Your PS3 After the Fix
- It is advised going forward, that you periodically use a can of air, and clean out the dust and debris from where the fan blows.
- Also it will be important to keep the PS3 Console in a well ventilated area.